Tuesday 1 March 2011

Oscars- what's the hype?

Natalie Portman won awkward for best actress for Black Swan and Colin Firth best actor for Kings speech.  These are the leaders of Oscars 2011. The 83rd Academy Award ceremony was held on Sunday 27th Feb in Hollywood.  100 million spent on Champagne for the stars and journalist.  Alot of effort goes into the ceremonies  to represent the extremely skill set actors. 

There were plenty of tearful speeches, not to mentions Firths humorous intro where he says: " My deepest thanks to the Academy, I'm afraid I'll have to warn you I'm experiencing stirring from the upper abdominal area that are threatening to form themselves in to dance moves."

The highlight for me and many others is the red carpet.  Gwyneth Paltrow says: "It's a bit nerve racking, a lot of people are watching and I just hope I don't mess anything up." Gwyneth Paltrow  choose an awesome metallic, shiny dress by Calvin Klein teamed up with gold pumps by Brain Atwood.  She wore brooch, earring and ring by Louis Vuitton's L'Ame du Voyage jewelry to finish.



Halle Berry looking super gorgeous at 2011 Oscars wearing a nude and crystal encrusted corset - Marchesa gown with organza and silk tulle ruffles. She paired her gown with exquisite silver jewellery and nude makeup.

Aishwarya Rai one of the most beautiful women in world made a stunning appearance in a a bronze
Giorgio Armani Privegown with rows of linear amber sequins and beaded detail at the waist. She paired her gown with Jimmy Choo clutch and glittering jewels.

Ash expresses how she feels about the ceremony "Its been an opportunity to come and see cinema on this part of the world.  I have been looking forward to the experience as I've never attended the Oscars before and very graciously the Academy invited me.  Me and Abhishek were here on a holiday, so we got  this invitation last minute." 



No comments:

Post a Comment